Walker Farm Construction Update | August 4, 2022
Construction on the Walker Farm Recreation & Resilience Improvements project is now underway! The contractor team will work with the Town to provide limited public access during construction, scheduled for completion at the end of November 2022. While construction will require users to make adjustments during the remaining months of 2022, this project will result in a new and improved waterfront park facility for the 2023 rowing and boating season!
Here’s what you need to know about the 2022 construction process and visiting Walker Farm:
- PARKING will be very limited on site during construction. All users are encouraged to carpool from the RIDOT Park & Ride lot at the White Church.
- TRAILERS - Boat ramp access will remain open, but motorized boats coming in on trailers are encouraged to use the boat ramp at Police Cove Park during construction.
- BOAT STORAGE - The driveway “loop” will serve as boat storage for Town-issued kayak sticker holders and the East Bay Rowing Club. This area cannot accommodate any parking or additional vehicles during construction.
- EXISTING DOCK & GANGWAY - The entrance to the existing dock structure will have concrete work completed during the first month, so this dock will not be accessible during early phases of the project. The Town asks that park visitors not cross the construction fencing to access the existing dock.
- GARDEN PLOTS – Lease-holders for the garden plots adjacent to the Town’s compost facility will be provided a 4-foot walking path along the west edge of the gravel roadway. Unfortunately, vehicle access to the edge of the garden plots will be prohibited during construction.
The Town will provide updates on the status of construction status on this webpage.