The Barrington Town Council has enacted Ordinance No. 2020-17 to conserve resources and protect our environment by regulating outdoor application of nitrogen and phosphorus-based fertilizers in order to reduce the overall amount of excess nitrogen and phosphorus entering the public waters.
Who Is Affected?
Usage of Nitrogen and Phosphorus (Controlled Nutrients)
1) Should be organic, slow-release, water-insoluble application.
2) Only be applied to turf and other plants at the lowest rate necessary:
Do Not Apply or Deposit Fertilizer
- Agriculture and horticulture uses.
- Gardens, including vegetable and flower, trees, shrubs and indoor applications including greenhouses.
- In the first growing season, establishment of new vegetation or repairing of turf following substantial damage.
- Yard waste compost or other similar materials primarily organic in nature and applied to improve physical condition of soil.