- Town Hall
- Human Resources
The Human Resources Department is committed to providing high-quality service to all prospective, current, and past employees and to treating such individuals with respect and attention from their first inquiries about position vacancies, services, and programs, through retirement.
The Town of Barrington values diversity and supports inclusiveness in the workplace. We believe that a community of varied voices, skills, backgrounds, and views contributes to a stronger and better environment for everyone. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer. Come join us!
The Human Resources Department is responsible for a variety of services, including:
- Recruitment of qualified applicants into a diverse workforce
- Employment and orientation services
- Retirement planning
- Administration of employee benefits
- Pre-payroll administration and processes for employees
- Policy development and administration
- Job classification, compensation, and labor-market research
- Employee relations
- Employee assistance programs
- Labor relations and contract negotiations throughout the town
The Town of Barrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Town of Barrington does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment, or the provision of services. The Town of Barrington does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission under Title 1 of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).