How do I remove a vehicle from the tax roll?

To remove a vehicle from the tax roll, you must cancel the registration (turn in the license plates) at the Rhode Island (RI) Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or at any American Automobile Association (AAA) office (if you are a member). You should receive a cancellation receipt, which you should retain in your records, as proof of the cancellation. After you have cancelled the registration, the Town will be notified by the RI DMV in its annual reporting file.

Show All Answers

1. When will I receive my tax bill?
2. I didn't receive a tax bill. Why not?
3. Why am I being taxed for a vehicle I no longer own?
4. How do I remove a vehicle from the tax roll?
5. I'm a new owner on a property. Will I automatically get the current tax bill?
6. How do I get a record of the tax payments I have made to the Town?
7. What are the tax payment due dates?