We offer half and full day shifts (6:00 AM to 9:00 PM). Compensation ranges from $105 to $225 depending on the shift, plus $25 for training. If you, a family member, or a friend would like to get paid to volunteer as a poll worker download the Rhode Island Board of Elections Information Sheet and Application. For questions, please call the Barrington Town Clerk's office or stop by the Town Hall.
To qualify, an individual must be:
- 16 years of age or older.
- A registered voter in Rhode Island (preregistration required if age 16 to 17).
- Attend a poll worker training class.
- Able to write their own name.
- Able to read the Constitution of the State in English.