2022 General Election Results
Statewide Summary - Rhode Island
Review the Election Results on the State of Rhode Island Board of Elections website.
Votes by Municipality - Barrington
Review the Election Results. You can also view results based on precinct (see top red button labeled "view votes by precinct")
Certified Results - Barrington
2022 Election Calendar
Review the 2022 Election Calendar provided by the Secretary of State's website.
Find Voting Information and Polling Location
Visit the Secretary of State's website for more voter and polling location information.
Voting Precincts Map
Please review the Voting Precincts Map (PDF)
Learn about the Redistricting Process and the new voting districts in Barrington.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH GENERAL ELECTION
Certified Ballot Question for the General Election on November 8, 2022 (PDF)
- View Public Notice
- For Question 4. on the Ballot: RI CANNABIS ACT
- Voter Registration Deadline for November General Election: Sunday, October 9, 2022 by 4:00 PM at the Public Safety Building, Police Dispatch, 100 Federal Road. See Voter Registration Form
- The Board of Canvassers will meet at 4:00PM on Tuesday October 18, 2022 to Canvass the final voter list.
- Mail Ballot Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 by 4:00PM in the Town Clerk’s Office located at 283 County Road, Barrington, RI 02806. See Mail Ballot Form for November General Election (PDF)
- Voting by Mail Ballot: All completed mail ballots and emergency mail ballots must be received by the State Board of Elections at 2000 Plainfield Pike, Suite A, Cranston, R.I. 02921 by 8:00 PM the night of the election. Voters have three options for submitting their mail ballots:
- You can mail your completed mail ballot to the State Board of Elections at 2000 Plainfield Pike, Suite A, Cranston, RI 02921
- You can deposit your completed mail ballot in the secure drop box located at Barrington Town Hall (283 County Road, Barrington, R.I.). The drop box is accessible 24 hours a day during the early emergency voting period: Wednesday, October 19 until Tuesday, November 8 at 8:00 PM
- You can deposit your completed mail ballot on Election Day (November 8, 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM) in the secure receptacle located at each of the polling places in Barrington.
- Early Voting Period Begins on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at the Barrington Town Hall - 2nd floor Council Chamber, Usual business hours (Check website)
- Early Voting Ends Monday, November 7, 2022 at 4:00 PM
- All General Election Polls Open at 7:00 AM on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 and Polls Close at 8:00 PM. The Town Clerk's office is closed to all business other than Board of Canvassers.
How to Run for Office
Review the Run for Office Guide from the Secretary of State's website.
Declaration of Candidacy
Only days to declare occurred June 27, 28 and 29, 2022. The deadline was by 4:00 PM on June 29th.
Endorsement by Party Committee
The deadline was June 30th by 4:00 PM
Nomination Paper Number of Required Signatures:
- Senator in General Assembly - 100
- Representative in General Assembly - 50
- Senate and Representative District Committee* (Unendorsed) - 50
- State Committeeman/woman - 50
- Town Party Committee - 50
- Town Council - 50
- School Committee - 50
- Moderator - 50
Nomination Forms distributed to candidates Wednesday, July 6.
Deadline to submit signed nominations forms due Friday, July 15 by 4:00 PM at the Town Clerk's office.